The Chick-fil-A Franchise System
Chick-fil-A and its third-party service providers collect information about you from a variety of sources, including information you provide directly to us, and information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third-party service providers collect information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services;
- contact or communicate with us;
- create an account with us;
- request information from us;
- register for any event and/or participate in any event, contest, surveys, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Promotions”);
- begin or complete the application process for a franchise opportunity, or for employment by Chick-fil-A, Inc;
- access or use Chick-fil-A pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Foursquare (“Social Media Pages”);
- sign-up for communications (e.g., Email Insiders, Text Insiders, or social media notifications) from us;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Sites.
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which information may include your:
- telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- email addresses;
- date of birth and/or age;
- demographic information; and/or
- financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers).
We do not require you to provide any information related to your racial origin, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation.
We and our third-party service providers may also collect information, including Personal Information, relating to your purchases from Chick-fil-A and its Franchised Operators and Licensees, such as the authorization code of the transaction, payment method, the date and time of the transaction, items purchased, and the purchase price (“Transaction Data“).
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use Traffic Data, Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain information from you. The following are examples of information we may collect with these technologies:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within our Sites;
- websites you visited before coming to our Site;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. Our Sites automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data does not typically include Personal Information, but rather is anonymous information that is helpful for our marketing purposes for improving your experience on our Sites.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx;
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Privacy+panel;
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677; and/or
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Sites or service.
Web Beacons. Certain pages on our Sites and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on our Sites and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in e-mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such information. Please refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them.
Other Technologies. We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies. For example, if permitted by applicable law, we may collect “referrers” and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information the web browser passes along to our or our third-party service provider web servers, which refers to the URL from which you accessed our Site. Environmental variables may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our Site or Social Media Page, the type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit our Site or Social Media Page, the names of the web pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website you visit next. These environmental variables are collected by most websites, and can be used to optimize your online experience.
In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
If you utilize any of the location-based services in our mobile applications, such as Find a Restaurant, we and our third-party service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
We use your information that we collect, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you;
- processing payments;
- communicating with you regarding our restaurants, products, services, events, Promotions, and other offers;
- making our Sites and communications tailored to your interests;
- creating and managing your accounts with us (e.g., E-mail Insiders, Text Insiders, online registration for events, online ordering, mobile application ordering, etc.);
- administering our Promotions and other offers;
- tailoring our products, services, Sites, and advertisements to your interests;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, stories, or postings;
- improving and customizing our products, services, and Sites according to your individual interests;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products, services, and Promotions;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business and our Sites.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our Sites and Social Media Pages, payment processing, online and mobile application ordering, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, and marketing research and analysis;
- with our Franchised Operators and Licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Chick-fil-A, its Affiliates, Franchised Operators and Licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
User Generated Content
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Prospective Chick-fil-A Franchised Operators
If you complete an application for a franchise opportunity with Chick-fil-A, or express interest or otherwise request information about franchise opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for a franchise restaurant business opportunity. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Franchised Operator. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your application to become a Franchised Operator. By expressing interest in becoming and/or applying to become a Franchised Operator, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information in this manner.
Collection and Use of Personal Information of Chick-fil-A, Inc. Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc., or request information regarding such opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with Chick-fil-A, Inc. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your information, and/or to process your application for consideration as a Chick-fil-A, Inc. employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of Chick-fil-A, Inc. you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information in this manner.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online account;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications (e.g., Email insider, Text insider, and other notifications);
- choose whether to receive Promotions and offers from us;
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, and offerings to you.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Franchised Operator and Licensee Websites
Chick-fil-A Franchised Operators and Licensees are independent third parties and may own, operate, and maintain a website for his, her, or its franchised or licensed restaurant business. We do not:
- exercise control over any Franchised Operator’s or Licensee’s website;
- monitor, endorse, or review the content of any Franchised Operator’s or Licensee’s website; or
- guarantee the accuracy of information on any Franchised Operator’s or Licensee’s website.
Visiting this Site from Outside of the United States
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-2998
Attn: Sherri Ellenberg
Via the Web: http://www.Chick-fil-A.com/Connect/Contact-Us-CARES
Phone: 1-866-CFA-2040 or 1-866-232-2040
Copyright © 2013 Chick-fil-A, Inc. All rights reserved